“Evelyn Cameron: Montana’s Frontier Photographer” by Kristi Hager
Text by Kristi Hager is a wonderful starter to your adventure of this lady born into a British family who traded the English countryside for austere Eastern Montana badlands. She is well-loved by Prairie County residents for her local photographic images of the life, people, and animals here since 1894. This book showcases 117 of the finest and most fascinating images by this adventurer, homesteader, ranch woman, and great American photographer.
“Photographing Montana 1894-1928: The Life and Work of Evelyn Cameron” by Donna Lucey
“Photographing Montana 1894-1928” Book by Donna Lucey – Winner of the Mountains and Plains Booksellers Association Award for Best Non-Fiction Book of 1991, this story of British gentry, Evelyn Cameron and her ornithologist husband Ewen, portrays an exceptional woman ranching on the plains of Eastern Montana, it includes more than 150 photographs of life in Montana from the 1890s through the 1920s and chronicles the wild prairie vastness and life in those years. It’s lauded as essential reading for students of the American frontier and women’s history.
“Since the Days of the Buffalo: A History of Eastern Montana and the Kalfell Ranch” by Michael Bugenstein
A history of Eastern Montana and the Kalfell Ranch. Join author Michael Bugenstein as he chronicles the challenges and rewards of ranching on Eastern Montana’s open range, the trials and heartbreak of the Homestead Era, and life on the Kalfell Ranch (established in 1882) near Terry. From the days of the unfenced prairie to the construction of Fort Peck Dam, Bugenstein captures the grit and determination of the people who settled this wide-open land.
Antler Bottle Toppers
Montana Antlers made into these unique bottle toppers! The wine bottle toppers have corkscrews inside and the whiskey bottle toppers have a shot pourer inside. These fine pieces make any bar beautiful! Truly crowns from local whitetail and mule deer.
Select your preference of antler and type of topper. If we have your preference in stock, we will ship it it to you! If your exact preference isn't available, we will hand-select one of your type that you will be sure to appreciate.
Antler Bowie or Gut Hook Knife
Montana mule deer or whitetail deer or elk handled knives. These are working, stainless steel knives, and able to be sharpened. Each comes with an antler edge holder for display. They are created by KcCreations – a unique product using natural shed antler.
Select your preference of antler and type of knife. If we have your preference in stock, we will ship it it to you! If your exact preference isn’t available, we will hand-select one of your type that you will be sure to appreciate.
Antler Bullet Pen with Bolt Action
KcCreations Antler Artistry – a unique product using natural shed antlers. These unique bullet, antler pens with bolt action are truly a great office or celebratory gift that will be treasured.
Select your preference of antler and finish. If we have your preference in stock, we will ship it it to you! If your exact preference isn't available, we will hand-select one that you will be sure to appreciate and send it.
Antler Cribbage Board
Local Montana antlers made into cribbage boards! Best gift ever for cribbage players. Pegs are enclosed, so all you need is a standard deck of cards. Local ranchers throw their board in the back of the pickup for after brandings or big gully washers (aka rainstorms). We will hand-select an excellent board for your specific order.
Time for Meat! Time for BBQ! And, what better than a Made in Montana Assortment to please your guests? Three flasks of our Terry Montana Badlands BBQ sauce, Traditional, Roasted Garlic and Rum, or Bourbon are great toppers to any meat or wild game. Our ranch House Meat Co and Sausage Co traditional Jerky and Jalapeño Pepperoni sticks are flavor sensations to snack on while you cook. Our newest find is the Montana Tag soup mix, includes a special edible Montana Hunting license, with a soup mix-its for the guys who aren’t successful while hunting and at least will have some soup and an edible Montana tag! Cowboy Bubble Bath and instructions will make you smile, and the Montana Crunch granola will keep the hunger at bay as you grill.We include Elkhorn seasonings, one for sausage and one for jerky, a great way to include Montana flavors in your meat creations.These Montana treasures are sprinkled with Wild Huckleberry candies.
- Three flasks of Montana BBQ sauce
- two different Montana Seasonings
- two Elk Horn seasoning one for sausage and one for jerky
- Cowboy Bubble bath
- Montana Crunch granola
- Ranch House meat co jerky and jalapeño sticks
- Montana Tag soup with edible Montana Hunting tag
- Top it all off with assorted Montana Berry Taffies in a handmade crate!
Items – 12 without crate and candy
Big Sky Dinners for Two!
A truly easy and Montana way to please a special couple or perhaps retreat to the campsite or stay home for the day!
- Wild Turkey stew fixin's, use with any cooked white meat
- Western Trails of Glendive MT local beans, either Pale Rider White Chili or Primordial Soup mix
- Wild Huckleberry or Montana Flathead Cherry brownies mix for delicious chocolate goodness
- Montana Bounty Foods Buffalo or Prairie Wheat bread mix-a delicious beer bread mix you can prepare with lemon lime soda pop
- Montana Wild Chokecherry tea bags to refresh you
- Montana Wild Huckleberry Coffee-yum!
- A sprinkle of various individually wrapped Montana Wild Berry candies
- Two Montana meals for two
- Both meals are nestled into a seasonally themed box
Country Girls Night Off!
Montana relaxation and luxury at its best! Prepare to be pampered as you splurge with the wonderful scents and textures of Montana Beauty products placed into our exclusive and unique handmade cloth bag with handles (a gift in itself!), created by our own Lynnette.
- Montana’s premier Windrift Hill Moisturizing Goats Milk Lotion – choose your scent: Huckleberry, Relaxing, Lively Apricot, Fresh, Rain, Beautiful Sandalwood, Eye Opener, Oh Joy or Lovely Lavender.
> Learn more about our Windrift Hill products
- Marcha Labs Huckleberry Skin Care Crème, which is made on a Terry, Montana, ranch
> Learn more about our Marcha Labs products
- Beautifully scented Montana Huckleberry Votive Candle from Huckleberry Haven
- Sack of Huckleberry Bath Salts
- Huckleberry Lip Balm
- Huckleberry bath bomb
- Beautiful one-of-a-kind Montana Agate Necklace and its Montana Agate Story – the Montana Agate is from the Yellowstone River right out our back yard
Items 7 + bag. (no candy)
Doggone Montana Gift Collection
All wonderful items for your doggy friends! – Give as a token of friendship or as a reward or for absolutely no reason at all!
- 1 Knotty Pines Woodworks handmade etched and stained leash holder
- 1 Flyvines handmade from used Montana Fly Fishing lines, lea
sh is easy to clean and loves the wet
- 1 Doggie Style Gourmet treats, handmade in a little kitchen on the Montana plains
No crate or candy – items 3
Evelyn Cameron Postcards
Born to a wealthy British family, Evelyn Cameron came to Montana in 1893 to raise polo ponies. Her crisp photographs capture the rhythms of western life. These postcards feature Camerons best work, handpicked fro the Montana Historical Society collection. (from book jacket)